The Mother Lode Theatre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, under the Butte Center for the Performing Arts, depends financially on ticket sales, corporate sponsorships, program advertising, and donations. As such, we greatly appreciate all those who attend our shows, volunteer and contribute in any way they can.
The Mother Lode Theatre, managed under the name of Butte Center for the Performing Arts, is overseen and administered by a board of directors. The theatre is leased from the City-County of Butte-Silver Bow who has certain responsibilities as the owner of the building.
We appreciate our strong partnership with Butte-Silver Bow to fund projects to ensure the Mother Lode Theatre continues to provide first class live entertainment for Butte and Southwest Montana.
THANK YOU! Butte Community Foundation, Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID), Montana Department of Commerce, Butte-Silver Bow Superfund Advisory and Redevelopment Trust (SARTA), Town Pump Corporation, NorthWestern Energy, Water Environmental Technologies, Southwest Montana Tourism, Treacy Foundation, Montana Historic Preservation, and many individuals and businesses. Funded Projects:
- Roof Repairs: Grant awarded to Butte-Silver Bow
- Genie Lift
- Followspot Lights
- Audio system upgrades
- Website and Program Marketing
- Green Dressing Room paint and furniture
- Stage Curtains
- Proscenium Repair and Painting of Arch and Pillars
- Orchestra Pit Cover replacement and Stage Rehabilitation: Grant awarded to Butte-Silver Bow
- Fire Suppression System: Grant awarded to Butte-Silver Bow
There are many ways to support the theatre:
- General Donations
- Memorial and Honor Gifts
- Endowment and Planned Giving
- eBay for Charity
- Thrivent Choice
Individuals and businesses are invited to support the Mother Lode with tax deductible contributions. Your gift assists us with needed theatre upgrades and for presenting performances of the highest standards in the Mother Lode’s warm and intimate setting. Your support also helps keep ticket prices affordable.
- Maintains the beautiful historic building and perform necessary upgrades.
- Provides a permanent home for the Butte Community Concerts, Butte Symphony, Orphan Girl Children’s Theatre and other area performing arts organizations. Without the Mother Lode these organizations would not be able to offer its artistic and educational programs to the community.
- Creates a community of arts patrons who value the cultural vitality of Butte.
PERFORMERS | $1 – $500
2 Beverage Vouchers
DIRECTORS | $501 – $1,000
4 Beverage Vouchers
PRODUCERS | $1,001 – $5,000
Two Complimentary House Tickets to Your Choice of Performance(s) in the Current Season
2 Beverage Vouchers
25% Discount on Program Ad One Year
PLAYWRIGHTS | $5,001 – $10,000
Four Complimentary House Tickets to Your Choice of Performance(s) in the Current Season
4 Beverage Vouchers
50% Discount on Program Ad for One Year
BACKERS | $10,001 AND OVER
Six Complimentary House Tickets to Your Choice of Performance(s) in the Current Season
6 Beverage Vouchers
Free Full-Page Program Ad for One Year
Additionally, all Mother Lode Series Donors receive:
- Acknowledgment in Mother Lode Theatre Performance Program for one year
- Company logo displayed on Series brochure and website
Gifts by check should be made to:
Mother Lode Theatre
P.O. Box 522
Butte, MT 59703
Memorial and Honor Gifts
Individuals who make contributions also have the opportunity to memorialize someone special, or honor a person, event or accomplishment by making a donation in their name. Just send your gift to the Mother Lode Theatre with a note indicating who is being remembered or honored and the Mother Lode Theatre will send acknowledgment of the gift to the person you designate.
Donate In Memory Of
Donate In Honor Of
Mother Lode Theatre Endowment
The Mother Lode Theatre renovation was completed in 1996 and a permanent endowment established for the operating needs of the future. Funds designated to the endowment support the theatre for years to come through accumulated interest as the principle remains untouched forever. The endowment is managed by Thrivent Financial with oversight provided by the Butte Center for Performing Arts Board.
To encourage planned giving in Montana, the legislature provides for a Montana State Income Tax credit for certain contributions to permanent endowment funds of Montana charities.
A summary of these rules:
- Individuals must make planned gifts. Those gifts qualify for a 40% tax credit up to $10,000.
- Planned gifts must have a life of over five years.
- Corporate or other business entity gifts qualify for a 20% credit up to $10,000 and these entities may make outright gifts.
The current Montana Qualified Endowment Credit law became effective July 1, 2003.
eBay for Charity
Support the Butte Center for the Performing Arts by buying and selling items on eBay. Buyers can donate to a charity at checkout or with the Donate Now button. Sellers can donate up to 100% of their final sales prices to charity.
Thrivent Choice Program
Thrivent Financial’s member-advised charitable outreach program. Thrivent Choice lets eligible Thrivent members recommend where they feel Thrivent should distribute some of its annual outreach funding by choosing from thousands of enrolled churches and nonprofit organizations nationwide, including Butte Center for Performing Arts.
If you were among the Thrivent members that directed Choice Dollars® to Butte Center for Performing Arts, we thank you for your support! If you haven’t yet participated in Thrivent Choice but would like to learn more about participating in it, visit Thrivent.com/thriventchoice. Or, you can contact your Thrivent Financial representative.